Now Hiring Concrete Finisher
Smart Contractors is looking for a full time concrete finisher with 1 year minimum of experience in the concrete industry and a valid driver's license.
Concrete finishers pour, level, and smooth concrete for surfaces such as roads, curbs, floors, and sidewalks. Duties may include cutting expansion joints with a power saw, aligning forms to desired depth and pitch, directing the casting of concrete, preparing and cleaning surface areas, and completing moldings using a variety of hand-held and power tools.
We focus on quality and excellence and are looking for outstanding individuals to grow with us. Experience is important; as is work ethic, determination, drive and strong morals. We want to invest in you as a person and can teach skills along the way. There is a lot of room for growth within the company.
About Smart Contractors
Andy and John, the company leaders - along with their dedicated team of professionals - are committed to providing the highest quality products and services at affordable prices. Clients know that the Smart Contractor team will go above and beyond to get the job done and accommodate any special needs and requests.
Smart Contractors Inc. serves communities in central Indiana. We take pride in treating our customers fair and professionally and are dedicated to providing quality work and creating lasting customer relationships in the community.
- $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 1 year minimum of forming and finishing concrete
- Skilled with all job-related tools and processes
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shifts
- No nights
- No weekends
- Reliably commute to the office before work. 3394 N Us Hwy 41. Attica, IN 4791
- Ability to work in the outdoor heat
- Drivers License
- Based in Attica, Indiana
- In person
- On the road
Essential Functions and Duties
- Placing forms that hold concrete to ensure the required depth and pitch is achieved
- Monitoring the effect heat, wind and cold have on curing concrete to ensure high-quality resultsRemoving edges on expansion joints and sides
- Installing anchor bolts, steel plates and other fixtures in freshly poured concretePolishing surfaces using smoothing materials, abrasive tools and surfacing machines
- Aligning forms for sidewalks, curbs and gutters
- Waterproofing, damp-proofing and restoring concrete surfaces
- Compacting materials using power vibrators to create leveled bases
- Finishing concrete surfaces with rough or smooth patterns depending on the customer's preference
- Signaling truck drivers and moving chutes to facilitate pouring concrete onto forms
- Casting and spreading concrete to patch voids
- Applying hardening and sealing compounds to cure the surface of concrete
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Review project plans and location of the concrete pour
- Gather and inspect equipment to ensure they are functioning properly
- Install rebar or concrete forms as needed
- Communicate with the concrete team about the timing and completion of each phase of the project
- Use power trowels and vibrating screeds to smooth freshly poured concrete
- Check the finished product to make sure it meets specifications
- Follow all industry and governmental safety protocols
- Maintain equipment and make appropriate repairs when necessary
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Stand, kneel, walk, and stop for extended periods of time
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.